An idea whose time has come was waiting there all along. ~Carrie Latet
I joined Second Life on Nov. 2003 and very soon I noticed the possibility of sharing informations, experiences and knowledges globally in this way.
When you have an idea, you need to be patient too. So I had to wait for the right moment to explain my idea and share it.
When you have an idea and you are sure that it is a good idea, you should believe in it and never give up easily.
On August 2010 I started „The first Global Virtual Meeting for Gifted Education in secondlife“ with only 5 participants from Germany, Australia, UK. At that time I was not sure that this would be successful but I kept going.
I had to deal with many problems for example;
- Finding a speaker with passion and interest in sharing experiences in this way without asking for payment.
- Answering many questions about how to create an avatar and what is secondlife, about Global time zone.
- Support with technical issues.
- How to move with an avatar or to join this event in a virtual world like secondlife.
By the way it is still a lot of fun to see how this idea is working well so far.
I really enjoyed to teach some highly gifted educators with skype, how to create an avatar and give a speach in this event.
Now if you are curious to attend the next event, here is some usefull information for you:
- Create an avatar in secondlife
- Download the secondlife viewer
- Send us your avatar´s name, your real name (email to email@example.com)
- You need a headset and set up voice for this event
- Teleport your avatar to this place in secondlife
Here is a video with all last speakers at the Global Virtual Meeting for Gifted Education.
The information about this event in 2012 is here. I hope to see many of you at this event because we should follow the same goal, supporting gifted children globally!